When you are in your teens and 20s this is the time to start and maintain great skincare habits:
- Always remove all your make-up at night – no matter how tired you are
- Always wash your face at night
- Always use sunscreen on all exposed skin everywhere on your body (don’t forget your lips) and remember to reapply throughout the day
If you get into the habit of taking good care of your skin when you are in your teens and 20s you will definitely see results in the future.
This is also a good time to start using products with antioxidants in them like Vitamin C and green tea. Antioxidants won’t prevent the aging process but they will help slow it down which is always a plus. Consider also adding antioxidants to your diet since they will also benefit your skin over time ( and the rest of your body as well, of course).
Get in the habit of exfoliating. If you have acne this is an essential step in your skincare routine. Exfoliating helps to reveal the newer, plumper skin cells so your skin will have a healthy “glow”.
And don’t smoke! Your skin and your body will definitely thank you.
- Skin Care in Your 20s and 30s by Dr. Leslie Baumann, Skin Guru website November 16, 2007
- How Do Hormones Affect the Skin in Your 20s? – Renee Rouleau