So I’ve already written a lot in this blog about proper and consistent sun protection from head to toe, staying away from tanning bed (or cancer beds), and scary increase in skin cancer rates in this country. But since May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month I thought it important to raise all those issues yet again.
My Previous Posts about Sun Protection and Skin Cancer
- National Epidemic: Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer
- An End to Tanning Salons?
- Vitamin D and Sun Protection
- How to do a Skin Cancer Self Exam
- New Hope for Melanoma?
- Not Just Lip Service: Your Lips Need Spf Too
- Skin Cancer Affects All of Us
Resources for Information on Skin Cancer
Chapter 7: Skin Cancer in Simple Skin Beauty by Ellen Marmur, MD
There are lots and lots of great sunscreens on the market. But if you are not sure what to buy consider purchasing Sephora’s Sun Safety Kit. For only $25 you can try 11 different products, and all the proceeds go to The Skin Cancer Foundation.
And lastly, go see a dermatologist for a skin exam! One appointment could save your life.