It turns out that June is National Acne Awareness Month.
Did you know?
Nearly 80% of people will experience some form of acne during their lifetimes. Acne is the most common skin disorder in the United States, affecting 60 million Americans at any one time, according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
Here are some resources to find out more information about acne, its causes, and treatment options:
- Acne.org – my hands down favorite online resource for all information about acne
- Acne Month is a website set-up by the makers of Differin and Epiduo. This site is pretty good with lots good, basic information about acne and its causes. Of course since it is sponsored by the manufacturers of prescription acne medications the site continually recommends that you go see a doctor for acne treatment.
Since I’ve suffered from acne ever since puberty I have a great personal interest in the topic. No surprise – I’ve written about it a lot on this blog. Here are some of my previous posts about acne:
- Hidden Acne Causes
- Can Over Washing Your Face Cause Acne?
- How Acne Forms
- What Causes Acne?
- Recommended Reading for Information about Acne
- Is Your Diet Causing Your Acne?
- Why was Accutane Taken Off the Market?
- Ingredient Spotlight: Benzoyl Peroxide
- Ingredient Spotlight: Salicylic Acid
If you have acne – don’t despair. There are so many different treatment options available for acne. There is a solution out there for your acne woes.