Knowledge is power and though I would love my readers to look to my blog first for all their skincare concerns and questions even I have to admit that sometimes you might find the information you are looking for via another online source. Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of good online resources for information about skin and skincare. So in no particular order here are some online resources:
- As I have mentioned too many times to count in my blog, Allure magazine is one of my favorite glossy magazines. The magazine recently retooled their website and the “skin” section is definitely worth checking out. Allure always has lots of up-to-date skincare and beauty information which they convey in a very easy to understand way.
- WebMD has quite a few resources for information about skincare and skin issues. One section is all about skin conditions and another is all about skincare concerns, skincare products, cosmetic surgery, anti-aging, etc. They even have a whole video channel for information about skincare.
- If you are interested and concerned about the ingredients and safety of your cosmetics you might want to check out the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database which contains tons and tons of information about product safety. Just be aware that not all experts agree with the EWG’s findings and advice.
- Paula Begoun’s Beautypedia is now free. You’ll find all of Begoun’s product reviews on this site.
- Check out Dr. Leslie Baumann’s online Skin Type Solution Library which is collection of her articles about skincare, ingredients, skin science, and skin typing.
If you have a favorite online resource for skincare information please let everyone know by posting a comment below.