This post was prompted by a group of clients at our office who all knew one another. One of the clients had been using one of our skincare lines for a very long time and with great success. When her friends started a similar regime the original client was surprised to see that the products we recommended for her friends weren’t exactly the same as what she was using, and the original client also wondered why her friends weren’t reacting the same way to the skincare products as she had. Of course this got me thinking about how everyone’s skin is different and that – there is absolutely no one size fits all in skincare.
While many, many people may have exactly the same skincare issues as you do – let’s say fine lines, dryness, and sun damage – that doesn’t mean that you and everyone else with the same skincare issues will use the same products or even need the same products. You need to keep other factors in mind when comparing skincare routines. Everyone is unique.
Keep the following things in mind:
- Do you have any allergies?
- What is the climate like where you live?
- Do you spend lots of time outdoors?
- Are you sensitive to any skincare ingredients?
- What’s your age?
- What is your main skincare concern?
- How much time and inclination do you have to devote to your daily skincare routine?
- What is your budget?
Image from teradatamagazine.com