Lately I’ve read quite a number of interesting skincare related articles so I thought I would share them with my readers.
First up I wanted to talk about a website not an article, actually. Caroline Hirons is a well-known esthetician in the UK. I had actually looked at her website quite some time ago, but I recently rediscovered it through a tip from my loyal reader Rae (be sure to check out Rae’s blog Scatterbraintures!). There is a lot of skincare information on this website. I recommend reading the “cheat sheets” (found on the right side of the home page) for solid, practical skincare advice. If you do not live in England, I don’t, her product recommendations are not very relevant unfortunately. While I do think that most of the skincare information that Hirons shares is great, there two things in particular that I disagree with her on. The first is that Hirons keeps bashing products that contain mineral oil. I wrote a long post in my blog about how mineral oil isn’t bad for the skin. If you haven’t already read my post (Why Does Mineral Oil Have Such A Bad Reputation?) please give it a look in order to get another perspective on this controversial skincare ingredient. Secondly, Hirons seems to be a mission against foam cleansers (she claims they are needlessly drying and strip the skin). I happen to disagree with this opinion as well. I currently use a foam cleanser and do not find it drying at all. So as with all skincare advice though I really do think that Hirons has mostly great skincare advice to share, be sure to keep an open mind and don’t think that everything she writes is true.
Now on to the articles I want to share:
- Babble writes about counterfeit make-up in an article that actually, I’ll be very honest, scared me. Make sure you are buying the real thing when it comes to name brands, even if you have to pay more.
- I’ve actually had two clients who suffered from this embarrassing skincare issue; The Beauty Brains explain how to fix it. I’ve had success treating this issue with home care products that lighten and light peels in the clinic.
- Refinery 29 explains when it is too soon to start using anti-aging products in Are We Anti-Aging Too Early?. Start off with daily sunscreen use in your 20s but save the strong anti-aging products for later.
- I’ve written on the subjects of glycation and how sugar affects our skin so I was interested in reading about this new anti-glycation product.
- Just for fun: Five Real-Life Patrick Batemans and Their Grooming Routines.
- Great, basic information about chemical peels from the skincare line Repechage. Chemical peels aren’t scary; they are a wonderful way to rejuvenate and help the skin. (See my post 13 Reasons You Should Get a Chemical Peel from an Esthetician for more information)
- As always Lab Muffin does a great job taking a topic that confuses many people and makes it easy to understand. This time it’s: How do Laser and IPL Hair Removal Work.
If you’ve read any interesting skincare related articles lately please share links below!
Image from awesome-desktop.com