A while back someone came into our office and wanted to know what few make-up products she could add to her routine so that she looked a bit more refreshed and put together on a daily basis. After I launched into my lecture about how everyone should use a bit of blush, lip gloss, and mascara daily she asked me what make-up I had on since I looked naturally made-up. So I had to stop and think about what make-up I wear on a daily basis; make-up that I hope makes me look like a better version of myself without looking overdone.
So here’s the list of make-up I use daily:
- brow powder
- clear brow gel
- shadow primer
- eye shadow
- under eye concealer
- pressed powder foundation (applied with a fluffy brush)
- lip stain or lip gloss
- The first step to achieving a ‘no-make-up’ make-up look is to create flawless looking skin. And let me be clear, I’ve said this in the past and I’ll say it again – NO ONE has perfect skin. That is why they invented make-up – use it! Prep your skin with moisturizer and/or primer and use your foundation of choice – liquid, mineral, powder, etc.
- If you need concealer use that as well. Some people need concealer on different spots on their face and other people just need it under their eyes.
- Almost everyone needs blush but bronzer is an optional step. Bronzer helps to warm up a pale face and give you a healthy glow.
- For your eyes at the very least curl your lashes and use the mascara of your choice.
- If you have more time and inclination use eyeliner and shadow as well. You can use one color of shadow or two or three. One color from lash line to just above the crease looks the most natural.
- Now don’t forget your brows – our brows really do frame our face, and it is very important to keep them well-groomed. My brows are sparse so that is why I fill them in with powder daily. My brow hair is curly so that is why I set it everyday with clear brow gel.
- Lastly, use a stain, gloss, or lipstick on your lips. You can even use a tinted lip balm or chapstick. Whatever floats your boat.
Image from theuntrendygirl.com