It’s been awhile since I wrote a post sharing the various articles I’ve been reading. This week I finally found time to sit down and go through all my emails and catch-up on my skincare reading. Here are my favorite articles that I’ve read lately:
- I never grow tired of articles that try to dispel myths about sun protection. The Skin Cancer Foundation has done a great job debunking very common sunscreen and sun myths in their article Skin Cancer Myths vs. Facts.
- Still think your lipstick is poisoning you? Let the Personal Care website explain the facts behind the seemingly scary statistics in their article Cosmetics Info: Lead in Lipstick.
- I’m still waiting for real winter to arrive where I live, but if your area of the world is cold be sure to check out Dr. Jessica Wu’s tips on ways to hydrate your skin from the inside out in her article Feed Your Face: What to Eat to Fight Dry Skin.
- New Beauty shares some interesting information in 4 Reasons Hyperpigmentation Is On the Rise.
- Ever wonder what a facial in France is like? Renee Rouleau had one and spills the beans.
- Want to make your own beauty products but don’t know where to start? Fabulous make-up artist Lisa Eldridge shows you how to take commonly found foods and transform them into beauty indulgences.
- I’ve written about glycation and the skin before (see my post Skincare Terms Explained: Glycation for more information), and now you can learn more from Kris Campbell’s Skin Inc. article Glycation and the Skin.
- Also check out the Skin Inc. article Botanical Ingredients for the Medical Spa for ways to integrate new ingredients into your esthetics practice.
And last, but definitely not least, my favorite article from those that I’ve read lately is The Wall Street Journal piece: Grooming Secrets of the NBA. Even if you’re not a basketball fan this is a fun read. I think I might start getting some skincare ideas from professional male athletes :).
Read any good beauty or skin related articles lately? If you have please share below.
Image from mysweetindulgence.com, found on Pinterest